Posted on 15 September 2020
Live & Learn are seeking a Gender Coordinator. This position will be responsible for supporting Live & Learn and CARE partners and programs to deliver high quality gender equality programming, including the mainstreaming of gender approaches in resilience and disaster response activities. The Live & Learn Solomon Islands Gender Coordinator and supports the Live & Learn/CARE partnership as a key part of the role. They report directly to the L&L Solomon Islands Country Manager, and work with CARE in the Pacific Humanitarian Capacity Coordinator. Their base is the Live & Learn Solomon Islands office in Honiara.
- Provide high quality gender technical support and capacity building to CARE and Live & Learn’s partners in Solomon Islands (including training, mentoring, technical advice, joint implementation) as appropriate and as requested by partners to help integrate gender transformative approaches into programming.
- Together with other Pacific regional team members, support the achievement of CARE’s deliverables for donor funded programs in Solomon Islands, in particular those under the AHP and Disaster Ready program portfolio by helping deliver the gender technical support requirements, and supporting aspects of program management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent CARE, in partnership with L&L, in the Solomon Islands Australian Humanitarian Partnership and Disaster Ready Program including supporting partners to strengthen gender mainstreaming in their programs through the Shared Services function.
- When required, provide gender and protection technical support to CARE’s emergency response efforts in the Pacific, including occasionally deployments to emergencies.
- Provide occasional gender technical support and capacity building to CARE’s programs and local partners in Solomon Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Vanuatu and elsewhere as requested.
- Represent CARE to diverse national stakeholders based in Honiara including civil society and NGO partners, donors and government.
Recommended Experience & Qualification:
- Post graduate qualifications in international development, gender or other relevant field and/or other relevant qualifications combined with at least 6 years of professional experience;
- Technical knowledge and experience in the implementation of transformative gender approaches, including gender and resilience, women’s voice and leadership, economic empowerment and violence prevention and humanitarian protection;Demonstrated experience in managing strategic regional relationships with donors and stakeholders, including coordination and sharing of information and best practice;
- Demonstrated experience in leading training, capacity building and skills-transfer on gender equality to local organisations in a range of contexts and sectors and a track record of nurturing trusting, respectful partnerships;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) in English language, including report writing; knowledge of Solomon Islands Pidgin (desirable);
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and to organise and manage workloads to meet deadlines;
- An adaptable approach with a demonstrated ability to respond effectively and quickly to challenges, to work effectively in a small, diverse and geographically dispersed team environment with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of the development issues, different cultural groups and actors in the Solomon Islands and the Pacific;
- Experience in program design, development and implementation is desirable;
- Willingness to travel within Solomon Islands and the Pacific region (up to 8 weeks per year).
For more information on this exciting role and to request the full position description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please DO NOT submit applications using the APPLY NOW button on this page. Completed applications addressing the selection criteria and with an up to date CV, should be sent via email to email@example.com and Elmah.Panisi@livelearn.org or hand delivered to the Live & Learn office addressed to Elmah Panisi, Live & Learn Country Manager, Red Cross Building, Lombi Crescent, New China Town, Honiara.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date cannot be considered. Live & Learn are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the wellbeing and safety of all children, and employees are required to agree and abide by Live & Learn's Child Protection and Fraud Control Policies, Good Practice Manual, and follow our Code of Conduct.
Applications should be submitted by 5pm Honiara time on Friday 18 September 2020.