Posted on 14 December 2021
About the Company:
- The global NFP ChildFund vision is a world in which all children and youth thrive, enjoy their rights, and achieve their full potential.
- Their work is firmly rooted in the belief that the only way for sustainable change to happen is by building meaningful relationships within the communities where we work. That's why, in recent years, they have narrowed their scope, focusing on a few dedicated communities.
- In order for children in these dedicated communities to thrive, ChildFund works with local community-based organisations to ensure children are educated, nourished and their families have secure livelihoods. This is typically done through a variety of holistic programmes and projects that are a mix of water and sanitation, education, child protection, resilience-building, livelihoods, and advocacy.
- This is a true collaborative, team player office, with everyone is extremely passionate about what they do in this values-driven organisation and the difference they can make to children.
- There are fantastic opportunities here for the entrepreneurial minded people who are ambitious and keen to try new ways to do things being the best they can be
- Based in the Generator in Wynyard Quarter this business offers a truly rewarding and diverse empowering workplace. Plus, this role offers incredible flexibility in terms of 2-3 days WFH, early/late starts etc plus other benefits.
About the Role
- Reporting into the knowledgeable (and passionate) Director of Marketing and Fundraising Optimisation this newly created Marketing Lead is role is responsible for driving success across all inbound and outbound acquisition, developing/leading the marketing strategy focusing on brand growth and revenue generation and managing strategic partnerships.
- This role leads and is supported by the Digital Marketing Manager and Campaigns Manager which this person will mentor and develop. All this while working alongside the Head of Strategic Supporter Relationships, Comms Manager, and the wider team to help fulfil all marketing acquisition/retention, donor relationships and communications requirements.
- The official title is Head of Marketing at ChildFund however I have advertised the role as a Marketing Lead. This is because while the role leads the marketing team - the salary is more so a senior/marketing manager level given it is an NFP.
- This role is responsible for the development and supervision of all marketing strategies and implementation with a focus on new customer acquisition, TTL advertising, content, CRM, brand building, data analytics and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- This role is tasked to oversee the development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive campaigns to grow the brand and donations.
- This is a B2C marketing role in TTL channels with a focus on digitally led marketing including social media, eDMs and Website to name a few. Plus, a focus on 1:1 direct mail. Therefore, a good understanding of a CRM program as you’d expect plus experience showing growth and increased conversion rates.
- This role is also data-led, driving awareness, engagement, and retention campaigns across the customer lifecycle and within a variety of customer segments. Supported by the team this role will create actionable insights using data in campaign plans that are tested and optmised.
- As you’d expect this role works with key stakeholders within the business plus manages the external agencies partnerships to help deliver marketing campaigns which is high pace with a delivery focus.
- Both a strategic and on the tools role. There’s great opportunity within this business for the right type of creative and strategic person.
- You will be a strong B2C marketer from the services sector. We are open to experience – NFP experience isn’t mandatory. You could come from an agency background for this role as well! It’s all about experience, mindset, fit and aligning with ChildFunds values here.
- You must have strong acquisition experience including lead generation and conversion digital experience, and proven experience driving revenue along with experience with digital platforms (understanding metrics) as well as working with stakeholders to deliver TTL marketing. You will also be familiar with Direct 1:1 campaign and a CRM platform
- This is a senior role within the business so looking for someone proactive, who takes ownership, owns the strategy, and drives and optimises campaigns.
- This role manages up and down so you will be comfortable communicating to senior leadership around why it’s happening and future improvements plus working with the broader marketing team. You will be a natural leader helping to get the best out of each team member. You will therefore have excellent relationship management skills to work both internally and externally with partners.
- You will be entrepreneurial by spirt, extremely keen to work for a value driven organisation. At the same time, you will be comfortable working at pace and at times with ambiguity, seeking opportunities and better ways of doing things. This is a commercial, innovative role for a global organisation.
- You will be strategic and have solid business acumen to understand the business objectives and the skills to develop marketing plans and strategies to achieve these. You will have experience turning marketing strategy into integrated campaign plans ensuring customers is at the heart of all comms. You will have proven results increasing growth and conversion rates
- You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be resilient, hugely collaborative and be able to hold your own.
- You will have a good cultural understanding of New Zealand and te ao Māori plus an interest or understanding in te reo Māori.
- You will be very excited for the opportunity to work within an entrepreneurial and commercial NFP environment doing work that changes children lives.
To find out more, please get in touch with Suzie Gates on 0221599311 for a confidential chat or feel free to APPLY NOW so we have your CV on file.
We are currently experiencing an incredibly high volume of applications and it may take us longer than usual to get back to you. It’s outside our normal service levels and we apologise. For us to focus on servicing candidates and clients to the highest possible standards, we encourage all expressions of interest to be made via this advert. This will ensure your information reaches the correct consultant promptly and we will respond to you as quickly as possible.
To apply for this vacancy, you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.