Posted on 10 June 2022
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organisation in New Zealand, employing 80 staff and a large volunteer base. Last year alone, we helped over 3 million children across 23 countries around the world.
Inspired by our Christian values, we work to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness, our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.
We also provide humanitarian relief in over 14 countries, focusing our support to the most fragile and complex contexts.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Programme Manager to join our Fragile and Developing Contexts team in the International Partnerships department, managing a portfolio of countries in the East Africa region (although portfolio is subject to change).
You can contribute your skills to make a life-changing difference for some of the world’s most vulnerable children by leading our relationship and grants with our partners.
We have a 10-month fixed-term position (covering parental leave) available; preferred location is Auckland.
In this role you will
- Be the focal person for up to five assigned countries. This will include contributing to national and regional strategic planning processes and meetings related to assigned countries, ensuring long term development programmes are managed to a high standard, the acquisition and management of humanitarian grants (including the UN) and where appropriate represent WVNZ in Emergency Coordination meetings.
- Support the development and implementation of World Vision strategies.
- Coordinate with WVNZ marketing and engagement colleagues on reporting, development of new products and appeals (where appropriate).
You will bring to this role your strong background in international development and / or humanitarian knowledge, project management, monitoring and evaluation, and excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
To be successful in this role, here's what you need:
- Experience managing a country or regional portfolios / programmes including the management of grants within the international development, humanitarian, or disaster management / climate change sectors.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders whilst working remotely.
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in reporting, monitoring and evaluation of programme quality (preferred).
- Experience working or living in a developing country context in international development, humanitarian or disaster management / climate change sectors (preferred).
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- Free parking when you are in the office
- A day off on your birthday
- A fun, positive, values-based team environment
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you have a disability, then please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to help you in your application or with our recruitment process.
For a copy of the position description, please email: PeopleandCulture@WorldVision.Org.NZ@worldvision.org.nz
Applications close 24 June 2022
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness;
Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.