Posted on 25 July 2022
- Join a dynamic team on a global mission
- Provide excellent supporter engagement to delight our valued mid-level and major supporters
- Permanent part time role: 25 - 30 hours per week
cbm (Christian Blind Mission) is an international development charity committed to improving the quality of life for people living with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world.
cbm envisions an inclusive world where all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. We seek to achieve this by raising funds and awareness, and undertaking quality international programmes. These range from eye, orthopaedic and fistula surgery, through to inclusive education, mental health, disability-inclusive organic farming and responding to natural disasters.
Each year the global cbm family impacts over 10 million people to prevent blindness and diseases. cbm also treats over 4 million people with medical conditions, inclusive education and livelihoods. It’s a deeply compelling mission, and we are proud of how our small NZ team contributes.
- cbm New Zealand is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
- We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
- cbm operates from a Christian kaupapa.
The purpose of this role is to encourage and deepen the relationship with existing mid-level and major supporters as well as acquire new mid-level and major supporters, making cbm their favourite charity. The role also supports cbm’s bequest programme.
The role covers the top half of the North Island (excluding Wellington, Manawatu/Wanganui, Taranaki and Hawke’s Bay), and works alongside the South Island Engagement Manager who covers the rest of the country.
Location: Rosedale (Albany), Auckland
Hours: 25- 30 hours per week (with work from home options available)
- Develop and nurture relationships with cbm's existing mid-level and major supporters, sharing with them how they can change the lives of people with disabilities in the world's poorest places.
- Actively maximize fundraising opportunities, encouraging increased giving and retention.
- Along with the Engagement Director and other key staff, assist in designing, implementing and growing cbm’s mid-level and major supporter programme, and bequest programme, in selected areas.
- Actively foster new relationships outside of cbm’s current database with the goal to attract new mid-level and major supporters.
- Help strengthen relationship with existing cbm churches as well as with churches outside cbm’s current church base
- Possess a passion for serving others
- 3+ years excellent supporter engagement experience in a similar role in the charities sector
- High degree of empathy with warm friendly people skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Fluent English with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to check own work.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to build rapport and be persuasive on the phone.
- MS Office proficient including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Sound administration and organisational skills with good time management
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- A highly positive and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Church relationship skills would be an added advantage.
You may be someone who is working in a similar role elsewhere, or someone who is currently working in supporter care who would like a step up into this space. Either way we'd love to hear from you!
This role is 25 - 30 hours a week, ideally spread over 4 days, however there will be some flexibility for the right person. All hours will be worked between the hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
How To Apply
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are suitably qualified and would like to serve those living with the double disadvantage of poverty and disability overseas, then please apply via Seek including an updated CV with a cover letter addressed to Robyn Tane, Engagement Director. Please outline your experience against the above listed key responsibilities, your relevant knowledge and skills, and let us know why you would love to work for cbm. The cover letter should include details of the hours you are available for work.
The closing date for this role is 12 August 2022.