Posted on 07 October 2019
Fairtrade ANZ is seeking expressions of interest from the ACFID/CID colleagues and others from within their networks for membership in our newly established Producer Support Expert Advisory Panel. The role of the Panel is to provide insights and advice regarding best practice for the key thematic areas of their producer support
They are seeking expressions of interest from people with proven expertise in one or
more of the following areas:
- Organisational and governance development of small-scale producer
- Technical production and processing of Pacific agricultural export
commodities, with specific experience in coffee;
- Gender and women’s economic empowerment;
- Child protection and youth engagement;
- Climate change adaptation and resilience of small-scale producer
- Business development of small-scale producer organisations, specifically in
financial inclusion of small-scale producer organisations and their businesses;
- Partnership development in the context of small-scale agriculture in the
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning in the context of development in the
Please find the full Terms of Reference for the PSEAP here. If you or someone
you know are interested in serving as a Producer Support Expert Advisor, please
send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 October 2019.
Fairtrade is a dynamic international organisation that links disadvantaged producers
in developing countries with businesses and consumers through international trade.
We are best known as the independent, not-for-profit body behind the Fairtrade
Mark, a product label assuring consumers that their purchase helps disadvantaged
farmers and workers in developing countries to access markets and secure a better
deal. The Fairtrade Mark is one of the most well-known and trusted ethical marks in
Fairtrade ANZ is governed by a Board of Directors and is a member of Fairtrade
International, a global network of organisations working to uphold robust standards.
The global Fairtrade network also includes producer networks in Africa, Asia-Pacific
and Latin America/Caribbean, who are co-owners of the global system.
Fairtrade ANZ’s Producer Support team works in Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste
and the Pacific Islands, supporting producers to develop strong and resilient
producer organisations and businesses with the central objective of the sustainable
development of their communities.