Posted on 18 November 2019
The AroB Department of Health (DoH) on Sohano Island, Buka is looking for an experienced finance and accounting professional for a 12 month assignment.
The primary aim of the assignment is to develop in-house finance and accounting capability and strengthen financial management systems.
A major obstacle in the development of the health system in ARoB DoH has been a shortage of funding and a lack of capacity to manage funding that is available.
Donors currently use International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGO) to move and manage the health system funding. With high operating and compliance costs, this often leads to resource inefficiencies and a funding shortfall between actual funding arriving in country and costs of the programmes the funding was intended for.
Working alongside a local counterpart, you will assess staff and make recommendations for financial and administrative management training. You will develop and deliver training workshops and utilise external training providers to support financial management capability.
This is a unique time in Bougainville’s history, with the referendum just around the corner. Be part of history and help secure better health outcomes for Bougainvillians through improved financial management.
VSA is looking for a volunteer with:
- A qualification in accounting or significant experience in accounting and finance
- Experience developing and implementing finance and office administrative systems and processes
- Sound financial literacy, including the ability to prepare and monitor budgets manage and set financial policies and procedure
- Computer literacy, including use of MS Word and Excel
- Experience in on-the-job training
- Strong people skills, with the ability to adjust your style and approach in any given situation
- Patience and understanding. Able to see things from multiple perspectives and receptive to different ways of thinking
- Respect. For different people and cultures. Coupled with the ability to “park” your own ideas and work alongside others
For more information, click here.