Posted on 31 May 2021
Habitat for Humanity New Zealand (HFHNZ) is a charity working throughout NZ and the Pacific to build stability, strength and self-reliance through shelter. Habitat for Humanity has a vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live; its mission is to bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
In Aotearoa New Zealand, we work with partners to build new affordable homes, repair and renovate houses to meet the needs of their occupants, run social rental properties and operate a chain of second-hand “ReStores” which help to fund our mission. We partner with both government and also advocate politically and within the housing sector for improved access to decent, affordable housing.
HFHNZ is also an international disaster responder with experience working after cyclones in Samoa, Fiji, Tonga, and Vanuatu as well as earthquakes in Nepal and Indonesia. We are currently working with hundreds of families across the Pacific to help them prepare for future disasters in partnership with the NZ Government.
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant to provide a broad range of PA and administration support to our CEO and Habitat team. Along with all the expected PA responsibilities, you’ll be the CEO’s administrative liaison with our regional affiliates and HFHNZ’s Board, assisting with the coordination and preparation of Board reports and operating as the Secretary to the Board. You’ll also be responsible for organising a number of key events in our calendar, including national affiliate meetings, workshops and our annual conference. Your ability to develop strong relationships across our national office and affiliate teams will be one of your major strengths.
We’re looking for someone with;
- A proven background and success in a PA role, ideally at a CEO or Senior Management level
- Experience in Board level administration
- A genuine interest in HFHNZ as an organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience taking minutes and drafting correspondence on behalf of others
- Demonstrated cultural competence, especially working with Māori, Pacific, and internationally based colleagues
- Proven relationship management skills
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Suite and communication platforms i.e. Zoom and Microsoft Teams with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- The ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work to deadlines
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- An eye for detail
- Professional, discrete and diplomatic manner
- A can-do, solution-focused attitude with the ability to recognise and implement improvements
You will be joining a collegial, capable and motivated team who love their work and are good at what they do. If you think you could add value to our team then we’d love to hear from you.
The role is full time and is based at our Greenlane/Ellersie office. Some flexibility with hours of work may be available for the right candidate.
To apply please include a cover letter outlining why you’re interested in this role and working for HFHNZ.