Posted on 16 September 2022
Hagar began work in Cambodia over 25 years ago and has since extended its client support work to Afghanistan, Vietnam, Singapore and Myanmar. The program delivery is coordinated by Hagar International. Hagar New Zealand operates as a key Support Office of the Hagar network and raises funds from foundations, corporations, community groups, high-net-worth and retail donors, and through government programs.
Hagar has a long record of successfully working with survivors of trafficking, severe domestic violence, and modern-day slavery. It adopts a unique holistic model that keeps the individual at the centre, and includes the following phases: Protection, Recovery, Economic Empowerment, Education, and Reintegration. Hagar is a Christian faith-based NGO which receives and serves its clients without discrimination on the basis of religious beliefs, gender, culture, social position or nationality.
The key purpose of the position is to lead the fundraising, including grants and bequests in New Zealand to support the work of Hagar International.
Through a strong focus on fundraising and an understanding of International Development, the successful candidate will direct, lead and grow Hagar New Zealand to impact and assist more people who have suffered severe human rights abuse and make Hagar New Zealand a more well-known brand. Hagar New Zealand is well positioned to continue to grow and become a more significant player in New Zealand. The right candidate will have the leadership experience and skill sets to further support the Hagar Federation in its vision for overseas projects, programmes and increasing the scale of impact. This is an exciting opportunity to guide Hagar New Zealand into new areas of growth and brand recognition.
- MFAT projects and working with the NZ Government
- Financial Oversight and Management
- Programme Support
- Promotion and Media
- Staff Management
The successful candidate for this role will need to be/have:
- A principled, values-driven leader with a strong record of fundraising and effective small-organisation management.
- Skillful and have proven experience at securing and growing funding support from community groups, corporations, high-net-worth individuals, other NGOs, multi-laterals and governments.
- An excellent communicator to effectively represent Hagar New Zealand to donors, opinion-leaders, government officials and the community.
- A person who can concur with Hagar’s Christian faith-based values and commitments.
- A person with excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to relate well to peers across the global Hagar network, and with senior business leaders and key trust and foundation managers, leading Hagar in its maintenance of key relationships and development of new ones.
- Ideally have a Masters degree with at least three years International Development experience or equivalent.
Hagar New Zealand’s current office is located in Christchurch. While Christchurch remains the preferred location, there is flexibility as to where the Executive Director is located.
For a detailed Position Description please contact Miss Abi Green at email@example.com.
Applicants should send their resume and covering letter, detailing how the applicant meets at least the required capabilities (see above), to Miss Abi Green at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Monday 10 October 2022.