Posted on 02 August 2022
About the opportunity:
Our client Caritas is part of an international confederation of aid, development and social justice agencies whose work tackles both the causes and effects of poverty and injustice and responds swiftly to emergencies around the world. They promote advocacy and education for justice in New Zealand and overseas, and play an integral part in this worldwide network of agencies.
You will be part of a team who works to make a difference in the lives of people living in poverty or with injustice. This is a unique work opportunity for a leader who is able to motivate and build morale as they work through difficult situations around the globe.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the Programmes Team, and ensuring the effective management of partnerships for development and humanitarian relief within the team. You will also be responsible for identifying programme opportunities that will provide the team and group with opportunities to engage with current partners (and potential partners).
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the planning, management, coordination and accountability for the development and humanitarian programmes of the organisation.
- Manage relationships with MFAT, NGO networks and international partners.
- Demonstrate leadership and lead the Programmes team to ensure programmes meet the group's commitment to the promotion of justice, peace and development.
- Promote and enhance strategic and programmatic partnerships with partners, both in New Zealand and internationally, to create opportunities for the Programmes Team and to engage with other agencies and partners.
- Lead and oversee Senior/ Programmes Coordinators in developing and managing complex budgets, including those funded bilaterally.
- Have oversight of the Programmes Team budget.
This role will suit someone with all or some following background/experience/qualities:
- Experience managing and leading a team of up to 7 staff.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Development Studies or a related field.
- Previous overseas work-related experience in the Pacific, Asia, Africa or Humanitarian relief.
- Strong background in international development, community development, etc.
- Experience creating and managing projects, programmes and related budgets.
About the organisation:
Caritas works in partnership and solidarity with communities throughout the world to promote human dignity and the common good. They are affiliated with an international confederation, made up of 165 members, which supports the work of partners in poor and marginalised communities, responds to disasters, and carries out education and advocacy on local and global social justice issues. Established in 1966, their mission is to unite with communities, especially in the parishes, colleges, marae, religious orders and schools of Aotearoa and Oceania to overcome poverty, protect lives and relieve suffering.
What will they offer:
- The chance to have a positive impact both locally and internationally
- A variety of work
- A flexible location of the role
- The opportunity to work alongside a great team
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
To find out more:
If you have any specific questions, please advise us in your cover letter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org