Posted on 23 November 2021
Hamlin Charitable Fistula Hospitals Trust (known as Hamlin Fistula New Zealand) is a Kiwi charity established to raise funds and awareness for Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia to prevent and treat women suffering from obstetric fistula and other childbirth injuries.
Hamlin Fistula New Zealand is dedicated to preventing occurrences of obstetric fistula through providing professional midwifery care for pregnant and labouring women in hospital outreach centres in remote areas within Ethiopia. A midwife is the single most effective means of preventing fistula and reducing infant and maternal mortality.
We are looking for a Fundraising Manager to generate long-term revenue through major donors, bequest pledgers and events in the first instance, and then regular giving and business giving from 2003. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new donors as well as looking after our existing donors through excellent relationship building.
The successful candidate will:
- have 3-5 years of income generating experience, with a solid history of securing gifts from individuals and or businesses
- have confidence in qualifying donor prospects and approaching people directly for gifts
- have a strong commitment to donor cultivation and care, with a natural ability to build and maintain authentic relationships
- have experience of using a donor database (ideally Salesforce)
- have a strategic, long-term understanding of fundraising principles
- have the ability to write effective donor-centric communications, for example newsletters, appeals and letters
- be highly self-motivated and a multi-tasker
In return, we can offer you:
- Flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- Professional Development – working with a fundraising agency to build, implement and launch a new bequest programme
- Central location in Christchurch
This exciting new role will be responsible for leading the greenfields implementation of Hamlin Fistula NZ’s fundraising strategy in order to fund what can be life-saving maternal care for women in Ethiopia.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to Joli Wescombe, Chair of Hamlin Fistula NZ, no later than Wednesday 8th December, 5pm.
A job description is available on request. Interviews will be held on the afternoon of 13th December and 15th December in Christchurch Central or via Zoom.