Posted on 12 October 2020
Supporter Care Administrator - cbm New Zealand
cbm (Christian Blind Mission) is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life for people living with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world.
cbm envisions an inclusive world where all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. We seek to achieve this by raising funds and awareness and undertaking quality international programmes. These range from eye, ear and fistula surgery, through to inclusive education, mental health, disability-inclusive organic farming and responding to natural disasters.
Each year the global cbm family impacts over 55 million people to prevent blindness and diseases. cbm treats over 8 million people with medical conditions, and provides education and assistive devices to over 1 million people. It’s a deeply compelling mission, and we are proud of how our small NZ team contributes.
• cbm New Zealand is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
• We welcome applications from those with disabilities.
• cbm operates from a Christian kaupapa.
Along with the North Island Engagement Manager, this role is the first point of contact to deliver an exceptional supporter care experience. You will provide services that delight cbm supporters, sharing with them how they can transform the lives of people living with the double disadvantage of poverty and disability in the poorest countries in the world. This key hands on role actively maximises fundraising opportunities, encourages increased giving and retention, and develops and nurtures relationships with cbm supporters.
Location: Rosedale (Albany), Auckland
Hours: 25-30 hours per week, by negotiation
Type of Role: Permanent Part-time
• Be the first point of contact for cbm supporters and potential supporters, answering queries by phone, post, handwritten notes and emails
• Proactively develop relationships with supporters through outbound phone and email contact to inspire and motivate supporters to continue giving and re-engage
• Delight and exceed supporter expectations to enhance the potential for increased giving over the long term and build loyalty to the mission of cbm
• Maintain integrity of supporter information held on CRM system through detailed and accurate recording
• Become familiar with the mission of cbm to answer cbm supporter enquiries in the first instance
• Assist with special projects and initiatives
Person Specification: Knowledge and Experience
• Possess a passion for serving others
• 3+ years excellent supporter care experience in a similar role in the charities sector
• High degree of empathy with warm friendly people skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
• Fluent English with strong verbal and written communications skills, persuasive phone manner, excellent listening skills and the ability to build rapport on the phone
• MS Office proficient including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Fast and accurate keyboard skills
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise own workload
• Excellent attention to detail skills with the ability to check own work
• A highly positive and enthusiastic team player
• Ability to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations
This role is 25-30 hours a week, ideally spread over 5 days, however there will be some flexibility for the right person. All hours will be worked between the hours of 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you are suitably qualified and would like to serve those living with the double disadvantage of poverty and disability overseas, then please apply including an updated CV with a cover letter addressed to Robyn Tane (Fundraising & Marketing Director) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please outline your experience against the above listed key responsibilities, your relevant knowledge and skills (also based on the list above), and let us know why you would love to work for cbm.
CLICK HERE FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 21 October.