Posted on 18 November 2019
Established in 1968, the University of the South Pacific (USP) is one of only two universities of its type in the world. It is jointly owned by the governments of 12 member countries. An internationally acclaimed institution with a distinctly Pacific character, it promotes academic excellence, innovation and research, responsible leadership, and community service.
In this assignment you will support USP Archives, Library and Museum to preserve and organise their digital content in a manner which facilitates ease of access, and ultimately support the success of Cook Islands students. You will work alongside both USP staff and students to assess current skill levels, and develop and deliver training workshops in digital research and records systems. Key to this role will be ensuring sustainability of the digital library. There will also be scope to work with other organisations outside of USP to build capacity through education on how to best collate their own resources.
You will be based at the USP Cook Islands Campus which is centrally located in Avarua, in the heart of Rarotonga for 1-year. There will also be an opportunity to extend your assignment to 2-years by mutual agreement.
VSA is looking for a volunteer with:
- Relevant experience within Library or information services
- Experience working in a research library, academic or other appropriate environment
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in Information Management
- Research support skills
- Strong knowledge of computers and digital library systems
- Thorough understanding of digital research and practice as well as leading digital research projects
For more information, click here.