Posted on 18 November 2019
Honiara City Council manages a multi-purpose hall used for training, sport and cultural events.
The hall and surrounding facilities are being upgraded by the New Zealand Aid Programme in partnership with Honiara City Council to provide improved spaces for young Solomon Islanders to engage in sports, arts, and cultural activities, and access relevant support services. This is in response to the increasing youth population in Honiara. The upgrade is expected to be complete mid 2020 and the larger facility will need improved management systems.
The volunteer will be integral in developing and operationalising a comprehensive facility management strategy, ensuring that the physical infrastructure continues to function and meet the needs of young Solomon Islanders in the long term. You will take a holistic view of the facilities, and look at the budget, fee structures, and revenue, balanced with a desire to keep this an open and inclusive space for people of all income levels.
VSA is looking for a volunteer with:
- Experience managing facility operations and knowledge of purchasing, supplies, grounds keeping and equipment repair
- Experience developing and/or implementing a suitable facility booking management system
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Good understanding of the commercial environment and a strong awareness of customer satisfaction
- Experience mentoring others
- Analytical skills to assess needs and budgets
For more information, click here.