Posted on 13 September 2021
World Vision New Zealand is the largest international humanitarian organisation in New Zealand, employing over 80 staff. Last year alone, we helped 2.9 million children across 23 countries around the world. Inspired by Christian values, we work to engage New Zealanders in the fight against global poverty and injustice.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Country Programme Manager to join our Pacific team in the International Partnerships department, where you can contribute your skills to make a life-changing difference for children, leading the Negotiated Partnership programme for the largest NGO in the sector.
In this role you will:
- be responsible for the programme management of the Negotiated Partnership, supporting work across five countries, focused on the programme quality and reporting requirements.
- provide dedicated support to all projects in Papua New Guinea.
- support the acquisition of new grants, including New Zealand Disaster Response Partnership (NZDRP) opportunities.
You will bring to this role your strong background in monitoring and evaluation and project management, together with your excellent stakeholder engagement and communication skills.
To be successful in this role, here's what you need:
- University/professional qualification in development studies, human rights or social sciences.
- Significant experience managing a country and regional portfolio including the acquisition and management of complex grants within the international development sector, project/programme design and monitoring of programme quality.
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with a variety of stakeholders, including institutional donors, private and government donors, and World Vision Field Offices.
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and align strategies and policies with an organisation’s strategic direction and needs.
Here's what you get:
- A competitive salary in the NFP sector, including medical and life insurance
- Flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- Additional leave options available
- A fun, positive, values-based team environment
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organisation, dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential. We work from a Christian kaupapa, as our work is a practical expression of the gospel, where we value and support the wairua (spiritual wellbeing) of our people and partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to help make a difference in vulnerable children's lives around the world. World Vision is committed to developing its people at all levels and to being an employer of choice within the charity sector and the international community for vulnerable children.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For a copy of the position description, please email Lisa email@example.com