Posted on 18 January 2023
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Grant Acquisition and Design Lead to join our International Partnerships department. You can contribute your skills to make a life-changing difference for children by growing WVNZ’s grant funded programs and identifying other new business opportunities.
Based in either Auckland or Wellington, in this role you will
- Lead the identification of new funding opportunities and support donor prepositioning activities
- Lead proposal development and project design, together with WVNZ and Country Office staff
- Lead on systems strengthening to ensure WVNZ can move quickly on new opportunities and is maximising the funding available to programs
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and love the diversity of work you can undertake each day, in partnership with a wide variety of stakeholders. The role will work across the countries that WVNZ supports, spanning Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific. The role will also support across World Vision’s core sectors (child protection, livelihoods, education, health and nutrition, and water, sanitation and hygiene), together with a growing focus on climate change adaptation and gender and disability inclusion.
To be successful in this role, here's what you need
- At least 2 years’ experience in grants acquisition, proposal design and development in multilateral or international organisations, NGOs, or international development sections of major consulting firms
- Outstanding communication skills to write winning proposals, prepare briefing papers for senior leaders, and facilitate both online and in-person meetings/workshops
- Creative thinking and drive to seek out new partnerships and opportunities, in alignment with WVNZ’s priorities
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
Here is what you get
- A competitive salary in the NFP sector, including medical and life insurance
- Flexibility to work from home for part of the week
- A day off on your birthday
- An option to buy additional leave days
- A fun, positive, values-based team environment
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you have a disability, then please tell us if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to help you in your application or with the recruitment process.
For a copy of the position description, please email PeopleandCulture@worldvision.org.nz
Applications close 11.59pm, 30 January 2023