Did you miss off-line social interaction with IDYP? We are back with our first LIVE educational and interactive event after lockdown on the topic of SDG 17, Partnership for Sustainable Development.
“Partnership” has become a ubiquitous term in international development. However, where did this concept come from and what does it mean to work in a “partnership”?
You will hear from a range of panellist representing different types of partnerships (government, private sector and civil society) about development partnerships in New Zealand, including:
- Dana Avram, Senior Advisor at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade;
- Angela Wilton, Director of Partnerships at Oxfam NZ;
- Dr. Garry Udy, Specialist Advisor International Relations at the Ministry of Primary Industries;
- Evan Mayson, former project director and project manager at the engineering and environmental consultancy company - GHD;
- Dr. Suzie Newman, International Development Unit at Plant & Food Research
- Dr. Karen Creagh, President of the Norther Branch, United Nations Association New Zealand.
- (MC) Bonnar Bell, Engagement Director at ChildFund NZ
The panel will be followed by a 'Speed Dating' session, where you will be able to interact with other participants, discuss various types of partnerships and how they contribute to sustainable development, understand principles of partnership and challenges to their implementation.
At the event, you will learn about various development partnerships in New Zealand, about the principles of partnership for effective development cooperation and about some challenges of their implementation in different contexts.
Please, register here. Must be over 18 to attend.