Posted on 06 March 2019
Many of the internal challenges faced by the humanitarian community come from misconduct by those involved with our organizations, whether it be fraud and corruption or safeguarding issues such as sexual exploitation and abuse, and harassment. Human risk factors and mismanagement have caused real harm to beneficiaries and their programmes in addition to damaging reputations.
In-depth Discussion Topics:
• How do you identify human risk factors that lead to potential reputational
exposure and harm to beneficiaries?
• How can an organization reduce the risks of improper behaviour in the field?
• What are investigative best practices that might protect against future
reputational risk for donors or programmes?
• What is the real cost to donors, funders, beneficiaries when your organization’s
reputation is at risk?
• How can you best manage the impact of incident reporting on your community?