Hui E! has been engaging in research and conversations to scope the viability of a cross-sector alliance for the Sustainable Development Goals to:
- share information, experiences, resources and best practice
- coordinate and align activities within and in-between sectors and thus sharing a joined-up approach
- foster an understanding of and increase commitment to achieving sustainability through a Māori lens
- accelerate change
- increase meaningful collaboration within and across sectors, generations and populations
- measure and demonstrate our contributions domestically and globally
- WORKSHOP ONE – THE ROLE OF AN SDG ALLIANCE
Wednesday 2 June 2021, 12pm-1.30pm
In Workshop one, we will explore what role an alliance might play and how it could support people and organisations across society committed to meeting the goals of the SDGs. We will look at questions such as:
- What would be the most important outcome from an SDG Alliance?
- What would be a key role?
- How could you benefit from an SDG Alliance?
- WORKSHOP TWO – HOW IT COULD WORK
Wednesday 16 June 2021, 12pm-1.30pm
Workshop two will dive into a more detailed discussion about its vision, purpose, proposed structure and how it can be responsive to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Register here for one or both workshops.
Hui E! are partnering with the Waikato Wellbeing Project, the New Zealand Coalition to End Homelessness, and Te Puna Oranga o Ōtaki for these workshops.