Posted on 10 September 2020
The 2020 CID Photo Competition is fast approaching, and we are accepting submissions under three categories:
For Amateur Photographers:
- Humanitarian Aid | Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
For NZ-based Professional Photographers:
- Humanitarian and Development
The broader theme of 2020 is Covid-19 related activities, with submissions showcasing partnership, collaboration and good development outcomes.
CID would like to thank Peter Griffin and Fisherprint for sponsoring the Photo Competition for the fourth year in a row.
Please submit your photos with captions before 15th October 2020 to email@example.com.
- Photographs must be a minimum 300 dpi;
- Photographs must be accompanied with the location, photographer’s credit and a
very brief description of the activity with those featured named if possible - e.g.
Emali, Kenya: Masai family planting drought resistance crops following training as
part of building resilience for drought affected communities in Kenya. Photo: Joe
Smith, aidall NZ:
- You can submit up to six photographs per category;
- Submitting photographs indicates your agreement that CID can use the photos in
its publications to promote good development practice;
- CID will not release any entries received to any third party; and
- Photo credits for the photographer and related NGO will be given for all photos
used in any CID publication.
- Images of local people should be managed in accordance with CID's Code of Conduct Clause 1.3.2 - Portrayal of Local People.
- Selected photos will be exhibited and displayed on CID’s website.
Previous years' winners can be viewed here.
Photo Competition 2019 Winners - Photo Credits:
Chris Hartnett/VSA; Matthew Wallace/CBM