Posted on 12 November 2020
Each year, CID holds a Photo Competition to showcase work done by members throughout the year. We accept submissions under three categories:
For Amateur Photographers:
- Humanitarian Aid | Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
For NZ-based Professional Photographers:
- Humanitarian and Development
The broader theme of 2020 was Covid-19 related activities, with submissions showcasing partnership, collaboration and good development outcomes.
CID would like to thank Peter Griffin and Fisherprint for sponsoring the Photo Competition for the fourth year in a row.
The winners for 2020 were as follows:
- INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Orphans Aid in Entebbe, Uganda. Photographer: Benjamin Mukisa. Mary’s family was the first recipient of a kickstart grant to restart her fish frying business as part of a response to re-establish family incomes for those in village communities affected by COVID-19 lockdowns.
- HUMANITARIAN AID & DISASTER RISK REDUCTION (DRR) - ADRA in Espirito Santo, Vanuatu. Photographer: Jean Pierre Niptik. An elderly lady watches on whilst children play outside an evacuation centre following TC Harold. Trained ADRA and SDA Church youth volunteers had taken time to complete vulnerability mapping prior to TC Harold. As TC Harold tracked towards Luganville, the trained young people went and helped those who needed assistance to evacuate to their local evacuation centre
- PROFESSIONAL - International Needs in Uganda. Photographer: Leon Rose from ‘The Camera Man’. Education is an important aspect of every child’s development. By supporting a student through the International Needs Child Sponsorship Programme, we focus on ensuring children that would normally miss out on an opportunity for a brighter future is identified and given the keys to unlock a life of poverty, where they can thrive and fulfil their dreams.