Posted on 31 October 2022
Are you interested in hosting a young leader from the Philippines?
UnionAID is seeking host families in Wellington City for its Mindanao Young Leaders Programme from mid-April until late June 2023. Participants are 23-30 years old and work in NGO across Mindanao.
Hosts need to have intercultural and religious sensitivity and awareness and be genuinely interested in fostering a young leader’s learning. Hosts receive $290 weekly. To register interest or for more information go to UnionAID’s website.
- Participants are young leaders from community and non-government organisations from across the Mindanao region of the Philippines.
- Participants range in age from 23-30 years.
- Participants of diverse religion, ethnicity and gender.
- Hosting a young leader is a rewarding experience.
- Your family will have the opportunity to engage with and learn from the students, while also sharing your home, your knowledge and New Zealand life-style.
- Host families join the wider Mindanao Young Leaders Programme community and are invited to join special events and activities.
- Openness and willingness to share your home with a young person from a different background than your own.
- Intercultural and religious tolerance and sensitivity.
- Genuine interest in fostering a young leader’s learning.
- A weekly payment of $290.
What you need to provide
- Central location with good access to public transport
- A separate bedroom
- Bedding and linen
- Desk and lamp
- Access to internet