The roundtable is a chance for CID members to get together and discuss joint advocacy in terms of:
- A shared understanding of what advocacy means for the sector (as opposed to mobilising, campaigning, marketing, or educating?)
- What different organisations do advocacy and mobilisation on (key priorities)
- The target audience; government and/or the New Zealand public (or others, eg business)
- How different organisations could best collaborate on advocacy campaigns, or join in on, or promote existing campaigns
- Determining some communication channels and next steps
- Role of partners in-country in advocacy?
- Is there an appetite for a member-led ‘Public Engagement and Advocacy Committee’?
The roundtable will inform CID’s work, and will also be a great chance for the advocacy leads of different organisations to get to know each other.
Location: In person, Wellington